|Date||22 September 2019|
|Time||Conference: 11:00 – 18:00|
After Party: 18:15 – 20:00
|Place||Shizuoka University of Art and Culture (SUAC)|
|Address||2-1-1 Chuo, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka Prefecture 430-8533|
|Admission fee||Adults: ¥6,000|
High-school Students: Free (Limited to 20)
(Admission fee includes admission to the After Party)
|11:00||Reception, Warming-up Time|
|12:30||Doors Open (doors close 12:55)|
|13:00 – 14:20||Session 1|
|14:20 – 15:20||Break 1|
|15:20 – 16:20||Session 2|
|16:20 – 16:50||Break 2|
|16:50 – 18:00||Session 3|
|18:00 – 18:15||Group photos, Move to the party venue|
|18:15 – 20:00||After Party (SUAC, Friendship Plaza)|
In case of rain: university cafeteria
*Please note that the schedule is subject to change.
|Application Period||28 July – 8 September 2019|
* Tickets are NOT sold on a first comes first serves basis.
|Target||Open to the public.|
How to apply
Please see <About Ticketing> and <Note to Attendees> below.
- Apply through the “TEDxHamamatsu2019 Application form” (one application per person)
- A confirmation email will be sent to the submitted email address on Monday 9 September. Please follow the instructions in the email to purchase tickets.
- Buy your ticket through Peatix by Monday 16 September.
- Tickets are NOT sold on a first comes first serves basis.
- You cannot apply for multiple tickets. Please ensure each applicant applies for their own tickets.
- Only a limited number of tickets are available. In the case that number of applicants exceeds ticket numbers, successful applicants will be selected.
- An email will be sent to both successful and unsuccessful applications via their submitted email addresses on Monday 9 September.
- To previous event attendees: Please be advised that tickets to TEDxHamamatsu 2019 are not available for purchase directly via Peatix. Purchasing is only available to successful applicants.
- Please ensure your email address is entered correctly when applying as you will be required to check the confirmation email sent to it. Please also ensure that the following email addresses are excluding from your junk/spam mail settings.
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact us via the email addresses above if you do not receive a confirmation email on 9 September.
- A Peatix account is required to purchase tickets. Purchases will be available from 9 September to 16 September. We kindly advise you to create a Peatix account prior to ticket sales.
- Please be advised that tickets are not refundable after purchase.
- On-day ticket sales are NOT available.
Note to Attendees
- Smoking is not permitted in the venue or anywhere else on Shizuoka University of Art and Culture grounds.
- Access to and from the Auditorium is unavailable during sessions. Please proceed to reception before the doors to the auditorium close at 12:55.
- All talks and announcements will be in Japanese. Interpreting services are not available.
- Minors must obtain consent from a parent or guardian prior to attending.
- Please be advised that photographs will be taken at this event for use on the TEDxHamamatsu website, in press and other publications.
- By participating in this event, you consent to TEDxHamamatsu photographing and using your photo and likeness.
- Reception begins at 11:00. The time prior to “Session 1” is “Warming-up Time.” A few activities will be available for participants to join in.
- Lunch is not provided, but you are free to leave the venue following reception. Food may be consumed at benches on campus, but please bring all trash home after the event.
- The TEDxHamamatsu program includes both the Conference and After Party. Please feel free to participate in the whole event. Please note the admission fee includes entrance to the After Party and refunds or discounts are not available in the case that you do not attend.
- Parking is unavailable. Please use public transport or paid parking lots in the area at your own expense. Furthermore, we are unable to provide directions to parking lots in the area.
- Alcohol will be served at the After Party. Please be aware that ‘underage drinking’ and ‘drinking and driving’ are illegal and not permitted.
Code of Conduct
In order to provide a safe and trusted environment to ensure that all participants may have a meaningful experience at TEDxHamamatsu, we have established a Code of Conduct which we encourage all participants to read.